We had our hearing last week with the National Adoption Council here in Uganda.
Here’s What Happened.
On March 30th, we took a trip to the city of Kampala to receive the news of whether or not we would be approved to foster/adopt in Uganda.
After waiting for 3 hours, we were told that our file was not complete and that we would be denied for another month.
Now, I (Jess) am what they call an ugly crier. We were shocked at the news. Especially since we knew our file was in fact complete. We had checked it and re-checked to avoid this type of situation. So, needless to say we were heartbroken. And ugly-cry I did.
It’s been a long journey. 3 months ago we moved our family 10,000 miles away to the third world all because of a dream. A literal dream. On the morning our son, Beau died, God gave me a dream of a little african girl with BIG eyes like mine that would carry our name and legacy. That dream turned into words of confirmation and the dream of a son from the same african dirt.
Burying two sons was the most devastating time of our lives. But we can tell you from experience that it is getting easier and easier to trust God and believe HIs heart for us in the darkest of times.
WOULD YOU COMMIT TO PRAYING FOR OUR FAMILY FOR 2 minutes a day? When you do, would you pray out loud and call our family by name?
- Pray for our Government approval meeting this month of April. Pray that we are approved with no further documents needed.
- Pray that sickness is far from us. Josh and the kids have had multiple worms in their skin and we are praying they leave and no infection happens.
- Pray for God’s presence to saturate our home and our ministry times in the villages.
- Pray for vision and wide-open doors here in Uganda for our family and for those joining us soon.
- Pray for people. Pray for friends. And pray for more community as we pour our here.
- Pray that Glory & Shepherd will join our family very soon.
We would also love to hear from you! Our US phones can still be reached at no cost to you or us. You can call us directly at 985-607-4852.
The Davis Tribe
Josh, Jess, Jolie & Tuck